Tuesday, December 8, 2015

#Selfcare



Recently, it was great to spend a day on #selfcare with experienced non profit professionals who work and/or have worked with youth.  One can speak to self care in so many ways.  We explored the holistic layers of emotional, physical, cultural and mental health.  We explored how emotional triggers can take us on a deeper journey.  We explored the challenges of being of service and working within larger systems.  We also explored making concrete plans of #selfcare.

It was great to see that workshops dedicated to #selfcare were well attended.  Participants were open and ready to explore how to better navigate care strategies and work challenges.  What does self care mean to you?  How do you make space for yourself and your needs everyday?  How do you balance your commitments and putting yourself first?  How do you show up for yourself everyday?

I believe in developing healthy habits.  This is the way I practice self care.  Nobody knows yourself like you do.  I know that emotions embed themselves in my hips.  This is one of the reasons why I love and do yoga.  I like to be focused and to do that I need to clear my mind.  This is why I love and do meditation.  This is a habit that helps me prepare for the day.

I guess now is a great time to decide on what new practices you would like to take on for the new year.  I am not one for resolutions instead I enjoy implementing new routines for 30 days.  What is a new practice that would support you right now?  Make the commitment and get to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment