Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Book Club


Folks always ask me what I am reading, probably because I am always reading.  I can thank my undergraduate and graduate education for this.  I learned how to read multiple books at the same time.  I am grateful for this good, continual habit.  As a life long learner, I crave knowledge, live in curiosity and love to explore.  As a writer, words inspire me and are so much fun to play with.

Right now, I am in the middle of Elizabeth Gilbert's Big Magic and Keith Ferrazzi's Who's got your back.  I recently completed Gloria Steinam's My Life on the Road and Brene Brown's Rising Strong.  I enjoy biographies and books that explore creativity.  I enjoy exploring deeper parts of myself and books that encourage ways to bravely look inward.  Reading and writing makes great room for reflection and growing. 

What would your book club look like?  As a coach and trainer, I always get asked about book recommendations in corresponding areas.  I have leadership, management, coaching and life book favorites that I am always recommending.  I also have creativity and writing favorites, too.  I do have loyalty to favorite authors, happily looking forward to their new books. 

If you follow this blog, you probably can see what I am reading just by my mentions and what I highlight.  I reference books and articles that I am engrossed in all the time.  I have a short list of what is to come for me, I am looking forward to Shonda Rhimes' Year of Yes, Brigid Schulte's Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play when no one has the time.  and Kevin Powell's biography, The Education of Kevin Powell: A Boy's Journey into Manhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment