Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Movement is a gift

Motion is constantly around us, so why can change be so difficult? Change is a constant in life. We start a new, everyday. We take risks everyday, every time we leave our homes, so why is change such a challenge to embrace. Our daily routines are not exactly the same from day to day. Some days we have more energy, are in better moods. Other days it is a struggle to keep our commitment to routines that we purposely began. Are we afraid of change or are we afraid of what comes along with it. Are the difficulties of the change process about our fear of uncertainty?

I have transformed my suspicions of change because of how gracefully I have made it through some life changing situations. Change has pushed me in ways I could not have imagined. It has allowed me to grow more and more into my own being and person. Change has brought possibilities into my life that have improved my being and circumstance. As Wayne Dyer states, “change the way you look at things, and the things you look at will change.”

So I guess, I am asking you to review your values and beliefs about change. Embracing change and growth might really be about letting go of certainty and opening yourself to uncertainty. Movement is a gift. Your life movement and growth is a gift. It is a gift to yourself and others to be your highest self. This usually comes about as a result of changes and growth in our lives.

Faith and forgiveness have been two of my favorite words and practices this year. Brene Brown shares in the Gifts of Imperfections, her definition of faith, “faith is a place of mystery, where we find the courage to believe in what we cannot see and the strength to let go of our fear of uncertainty.” Although I will continue to practice faith and forgiveness as we say goodbye to 2013, I have a new focus for the New Year: the “C” words like courage, change, compassion, consciousness, and embracing uncertainty as opposed to certainty.

I encourage you to give change a try, see where it takes you. Use some of that courage like I do. Matter of fact, I would encourage you to seek change out from time to time. Switch up your routine when an opportunity presents itself. Anything is achievable particularly in small steps. Just make a slight change and see what happens should it come forth naturally. This is why flowing with what comes works and why “f” words made it happen for me in 2013.

Here’s to the gift of movement, forward movement. Thanks “f” words, I know that one thing to be certain of is uncertainty. I look forward to your support “C” words in my movement in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment