Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Just smile


It is a joy to realize how much Mother Teresa spoke of smiling.  She has been quoted saying,"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do," one of my favorite quotes.  A smile does a lot for me, I can only imagine how it may uplift others.  Mother Teresa has left us with other quotes like, "Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person; a beautiful thing."

In honor of National Poetry Month, the following is a poem I have written about smiling:

Smiley

For all those who have called me Smiley and have asked why I smile-

I smile
For the life
For the breathe
For waking up
For what’s next

I smile
For the joy within my heart
For the love I receive
For the love I see

I smile
For those who can’t
Because of fear
Because of noise
Because of peer

I smile
For the moment
In full presence
For the memories I love
and let go

I smile
For the power
For its truth
To reach every
Cell and particle
With this truth

I smile
For the joy
For the beauty
For the world to enjoy

I smile
For the child
For the pure
For the cure

I smile
For those who hurt
For those who forget love
For those who need a hug

I smile
To attract another smile
To attract love

I smile
Because I feel
The world smiling back at me
Don’t you see?

By Clarissa Mendez

No comments:

Post a Comment