Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Identify yourself


"Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value."- Albert Einstein

When it comes to the question of what I do and who I am?, I prefer to always ask myself who am I? I know it is common for what we do to take up so much of our identity. How do you identify yourself? I have made a transition from defining myself by what I do to who I am as a person. I believe the above quote describes this well. Raising your value and investing in yourself can only lead you to success.

I am grateful that who I am matters in my inner circles. Who I am takes note of the smallest things that ignite happiness; collecting smiles from strangers, the joy in the colors of the sunset... Who I am is interested in growing and learning new things about myself and the world around me. I appreciate my power circles for exploring how we can live our best lives.

There are so much more ways to identify yourself. The layers among us all are endless. We are mothers, daughters, sisters among other things. We take on many identities at one time. I think it is important to let yourself choose as opposed to be assigned identities. From the moment to the next we may make a choice to take on an appropriate identity for a given situation. We pull from these lenses to make the most out of any situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment