Tuesday, August 4, 2015

What is transformation?



For me, transformation is more than just change.  It is an improvement process.  I guess it is another buzz word we have heard for some time now.  It's larger than change because personal transformation involves physical, mental , spiritual and cultural advances.  This is a thorough, radical and intentional growth.  I admire butterflys for such a transformational process.  I wish that I could have and go through what seems to be a seamless journey.

I was very much inspired after completing another 21 day mediation led by Deepak and Oprah, entitled Manifesting grace through gratitude.  It talked a lot about what you need for real transformation, gratitude, openness, and finding success through inner fulfillment.  Such centering thoughts included, "My personal reality begins inside me,... I find true success through inner fulfillment,....My highest self is with me all the time,....My true self shines with its own light."

The journey of transformation is about being in your body, feeling your feelings and being grounded in your values and beliefs.  Increasing your self-awareness and self-discovery only leads to being fully the person you were meant to be.  This is all about living your best life; living the life you were intended to live.  I like the way Dr. Robin Smith describes her journey of self discovery from Hungry: the truth about being full, "There had been sightings of me-times when I could feel, see, touch and taste my true colors." For me this describes the intention of transformation; to connect with our true self.

Dr. Robin Smith also goes on to describe what she calls the "Painful P's,"  among them pleasing, proper, perfection, pressing, pushing, promoting self and proving.  I could see how easily any of these Ps could interrupt a change process.  This is much of the outside influences that slow us down from getting to our openness, and real thoughts of influence.  It feels that the word reinvent gets attached to people who are able to transform.  They are usually folks who are open to taking themselves to another level.  When you connect with the higher self that is present all the time, it is easy to reinvent yourself or should I say transform?

No comments:

Post a Comment