Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Moon cycles


Our connection to nature goes beyond what some of us may think.  For example, the moon and Sun are big influences in our lives.  If you experience the four seasons like we do in the northeast in the US, you know when the Sun disappears in the winter, your energy can be sluggish and/or depressed.  I know I don't feel as energetic as I do in the spring, when I am ready to spring into action. 

Before college, I learned how women's bodies are connected to the moon.  This is why I follow the moon phrases, particularly the full and new moons.  I receive comments that reference the Twilight movies and that is not what I am talking about.  I follow the moon because I know my body naturally does.  Women experience the moon phrases in a more obvious physical way than men do.  Don't feel left out though men.  You can admit that once a month you may feel sluggish, have cravings and be irritable.  We all have our cycles.

Just like the moon gets full every moon, we do too.  This a great time for reflection and cleansing.  The new moon is a great time for new beginnings, new ideas and initiating new projects.  For those of you who are ready to have a baby, they say that the best chance of physical fertility is when a woman is ovulating with the full moon phrase.  Others say that when a women menstruates with the full moon, her connection to her intuition is strong; leaving an opportunity for inner and self development. 

Either way, I do believe the moon affects us in many ways.  It affects our emotions.  I do notice things are a bit off during full moon.  We see a lot of interesting behavior.  It is a time of release and some of us struggle with how to do so.  All in all I find that my awareness of the moon phrases has allowed me to accept the fullness of my feminine nature, my body and my menstrual cycle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment