Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sacred Spaces


In honor of Earth Day, I would like to celebrate and add to the spiritual spaces in my life. Spiritual spaces are sacred areas where I feel I can connect with my true self easily. It is also where I can delight in oneness with my surroundings. Growing up in New York City, I felt like Central Park was my backyard. In the middle of my people watching, I would read a bit or write in my journal. I enjoy my connection with nature and my connection with myself.

I feel blessed to have the opportunity to add more sacred spaces to my list. I hiked the Bell Rock vortex in my most recent visit to Sedona, Arizona. I admired the view and shade from Chapel Rock along the same road. There was a camaradie on the trail. We engaged with other hikers and found relief in different bushes to break from the crisp Sun.

I also felt the wonders of the Antelope Canyon by Page, Arizona. On Navajo land, the slot canyon is "the place where water runs through rocks." The care and honor of the canyon was evident in the small group tours and clear instructions. The stunning perspectives the tour guide directed us to were amazing. All the photos above were taken there. This canyon is a photographer's dream and in fact there are photography tour options.

These spaces not only allow me to spoil in wonders and oneness; they refresh and renew my body, mind, and spirit. Are there any places you are moved to see and visit? Are there spaces that you visit frequently that bring you piece of mind? Treasure your sacred spaces, there are certainly some that are closer than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment