Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The entrepreneurial spirit voice

I began to hear this voice early in life. I wondered what more there was to life. You just go to school then work? Is life just going to school and getting a job? Is getting a job, my only option? The voice grew strong and loud during the college years. The time and space lead me to learn about and research women like Madam CJ Walker, said to be the first self made female millionaire who built a hair business and product empire in the late 1800s. I started to hear some of the answers to the questions I had been asking. I started to learn this powerful part of me.

Growing up along and with hip hop, no surprise that such a voice emerged. I bared witness to examples of how to get your voice heard, grow the voice and add the voice to wanted and unwanted circles. I also took notice of how leaders like Russell Simmons and P. Diddy built on top of hip hop, with clothing lines and various products and services.

(The voice speaks) I build on ideas and mental capacities to bring them to life. I build with community to touch and positively impact as many people as able. I inhale partnerships and bringing people together. I am rooted in intellectual curiosity, creativity, courage and compassion. I stem from the parts of me that are student and teacher that continue to strive for growth, inspiration and challenges. I read and write about current and anticipated community issues. In this present day & age, I am aware that teamwork, community building, and offering & seeking solutions are essential to being heard successfully.

I am thankful for the cracks in my voice pursuing risks and the desire to stretch myself and others. I attract opportunities to sing, dance and even move choirs. It does not work without intuition and what appears in front of me. It does not work without good and meaningful feelings. The result has been participation in never done before projects, pilots, and programs.

I surrender to the drive and ambition of working through purpose, passion and possibilities. I surrender to the sounds of what sometimes feels and appears to be magic. I surrender to the natural solutions that present themselves. I surrender to engaging in dialogue vs. debate. I surrender to opening up the conversation to all that would like to speak and listen. I surrender to the unknown and imagination.

I hear the voices of others with similar intentions; we carry the same tune sometimes. We exchange verses and build new songs. We spread the lyrics around and ask if they truly are a reflection of more than just one experience. The communities of voices transform and grow into businesses, unique partnerships and innovative programming and ways to make life better. Have you ever heard such a voice? Are you willing and open to listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment